View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 19:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/125/125 Female 5 2
BF:33/25/20
Progress: 100%
Default Carbquik - incredible product

Carbquik is the most versatile, revolutionary new Low Carb product I have ever tried!!

It is a low carb version of Bisquick. Only 2 grams of net carbs per serving and the "other" carbs are only fibre.

I recently got a box to try out; as the product sounded too good to be true.

From this 16 oz box, I made 15 battered chicken fingers;1 coffee cake; 1 large Greek Moussaka (used carbquik for the bechamel sauce and in the meat mixture) and several mini chicken pot pies (for the bread-y topping). Yikes I have never cooked so much at a time and my freezer is full of individual sized meals for later.

This product has no soy and tastes like the real thing. I never used Bisquick before, but I understand Bisquick is simply flour with some baking powder and salt.

I personally hate the taste of soy and unless the product can hide the soy taste I would prefer to do without that product than eat it. Each recipe was about 2-5 grams per serving. The coffee cake was incredible.

This product is made with wheat. And it tastes like it is made from wheat.

I tried the Atkins bake mix, and could not use it for a coating - it did not stick to anything! Plus it tasted too soy for me and I had given up on the bake mixes.

I am a Type 1 Diabetic and saw no impact on my blood sugar. I am also trying to lose a few pounds, so I am into induction, into deep ketosis and have stayed there eating all the above products. (I can't say the same thing about Dreamfields Pasta, but I want to keep experimenting before I can say the negative conclusively).

You can learn more about this product at www.carbalose.com

Next - (when I get a further supply) I will make stew with dumplings, biscuits, pizza (I want to see how this product works with yeast), and pound cake.

Sponsored Links