#11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 06:20
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 140/136/129 Female 5' 4"
BF:just/want/less
Progress: 36%
Default You guys are so interesting--

What a truly sobering history lesson. Did any of you see Band of Brothers? My 12 year old daughter was obsessed with this series, watching every show and asking so many questions about the war. I was very grateful that she took it so seriously. Hanks and Speilberg made it, and they tried to keep it as real and factual as possible.

At the beginning of each show, they had the real men there, the men these shows were about (who were still alive), interviewing them. One man said, when the war ended and he came home (these were all Americans), he didn't care what he did, where he worked or where he lived; didn't worry about taking any chances on business, etc, or losing money, or even losing all he owned---he was alive, and his body worked---he was the luckiest person! And happy just to be alive.

We went to the libray and rented the entire series so we could watch it again without all the commercials. It was just so moving; so real. Yes there was a lot of gore at times, during the battles. But this is something I believe no person in this world should ever forget. It's reality of what could happen if good men do nothing. I want my children to know.

paula