View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 14:06

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladycody
Wanted to add a note...I dont necessarily think that a fast is bad on a rare occassion...but many people get themselves into a cycle of them. When that happens, they train their bodies to conserve what is given in order to prepare for the next bout of deprivation...and THAT is something no one with weight issues needs to have their bodies trained to do. Better to accept a slower rate of loss and maintain a body that doesnt cling to every morsel that passes between your lips.

Deprivation??? I love Egg/meat fasts! There is nothing unsafe about them. As long as you are taking a multi and getting your nutrients its fine!

A FAST no matter what kind is meant to get weight loss moving. And to be perfectly honest, It helps with cravings and hunger.

It sets you in deep Ketosis and kicks starts loss. You can stay on it for weeks, months or to goal! I know people who have and are now at goal and have been there for years.

Also Eggs are not as bad as people say with the Cholesterol issues. Another issue people need to study up on.

My Calories are from 1200-1300 on the egg/meat fast. NOT LIMITED TO 1000.