#5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 22:52

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellistile
I agree wholeheartedly and want to add that even though this news is scary, hopefully it will prevent the government from foolishly thinking they should put statins into the drinking water. This way only those unfortunate enough to listen to their doctors, the media, the government and dieticians will be slowly killing themselves and the rest of us will be left alone.

I agree with Angeline too....but my concern is that there will be one iota of improvement in brittan....as the sales go up....and the downside will be played down (or not reported at all). THAT could lead the gov't to think that it WOULD be a good idea to put it in the water.

My concern is that too many people will take these like they were vitamins....one a day can't hurt you. They won't read the literature that comes with it. They'll take them irregularly. They won't know what symptoms to watch for....and if they do have a negative reaction, run a higher risk of having serious damage before they report it to their doc. At least if you get a prescription, the doc should want to monitor your blood levels to watch for liver, muscle, etc damage.