#5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 02:22
Registered Member

Plan: paleo
Stats: 209/189/176 Male 186cm
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi Hellistile , me Michael again,

Something i've been wondering for a while.
Just a personal thing, and it's quite up to you .. a few posts ago you mentioned that although you were born in Yorkshire you were not ethnically British (whatever an ethnic brit is, maybe pict mixed with viking mixed with Norman or whatever). However it piqued my interest because, being a baby boomer I grew up with a lot of migrant's children who came in with the end of the second world war because of labour shortages. Some of my very best mates luxuriated in names like Dave Singh, Paul Chandra and Johnnie Chang and I just wondered which part of the world your parents came from.

Like I said, it's just a personal thing but what I do appreciate is that the influx of people from the former super-important and oh so Superior Empire has made chicken tikka masala the most popular meal in Britain (and it was apparently invented in Glasgow).

Also I lived in Cardiff for ten years and had some good black mates who were sixth or seventh generation Welsh a-la-Shirley Bassey and were as Welsh as a Welsh Cake.

Best Regards
Michael
(Born Pontefract from a long line of anglo_norman_pictish peasants)
Australia