View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 22:57

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 145/117/120 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:

Dr. Bernstein's book is intended every bit as much for type 2s as type 1s. I'm a type 2 who has been following his advice for the past two years with great success, which is why I'm coming across as a bit of a fanatic when it comes to him. My last A1C was 5.2, but I had earlier ones of 4.7 and 4.8. I attribute the 5.2 to the fact that I started eating sugar-free peanut butter, which I have had to admit is a no-no for me. My daily readings have been down again since I cut it out, and I'm fully expecting my next A1C to be back under 5. My blood lipids are extremely good, my blood pressure has improved to better than normal, and I have far more energy than I've had for many years. And the neuropathy in my feet, like yours, has greatly improved; for a while I thought it had cleared up completely, but it returns from time to time, although less severely than before.

Karen

PS - I just received an e-mail from Amazon pushing the new Atkins book on diabetes; although I had read earlier that it was mostly written by Dr. Atkins before his death, this says it is written by two of his colleagues.