#11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 22:24

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 283/198/198 Male 78inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen D.
One more thing I forgot to mention, Brad, is to ask if you are aware that the book Dr. Atkins had almost completed when he died is coming out in August. It's his only book written specifically for diabetics, so perhaps it will have some of the information you're hoping to find. It's called Atkins Diabetes Revolution: The Groundbreaking Approach to Preventing and Controlling Type 2 Diabetes, and I have pre-ordered it from the Amazon website. In my case, I want to read it just as a matter of interest. Dr. Bernstein's methods work so well for me that I have no interest in changing anything - why tamper with success? - but, as you have been following Atkins rather than Bernstein, you may find it of particular interest.

Karen

Thanks, Karen, look forward to seeing what Atkins has in this new book. It is true that I only browsed Dr. B's book because I felt that at bottom there are vital differences between T1 and 2. Even then I do recall some of the things you mentioned as being helpful. And now that you have brought my attention back to that I will check those references again. And no, I don't require "scientific" data. I even prefer the "anecdotal" data of a man like Dr. B but wish with all his experience a little broader sampling on the long term impact of LC could be commented on. Which is what I was wishing Atkins had done. Still Dr B's observations about himself are important which is why I orignally asked if anyone here had personal experience with some of the things I was asking about. Though as I say I am looking more to the expereiences of the T2.

Maybe Atkins will really focus on this issue and tell us more about the long term impact of LC on the T2. Brad