Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 15:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320.0/282.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Post Thanks!

Thanks JBird for your answer:

Quote:
Musicwoman - The reason why I personally have been doing TKD on weights days is because doing low carb, people have said, will not give your muscles what they need. There are a bunch of threads on here about TKD but in a nutshell you carb up before your workout (only on weights days NOT cardio days) and low carb the rest of the day to get back into ketosis. I'm still trying to get a grasp on it myself. (I don't think I"m ever in ketosis personally but I do know I need a bit extra to get through my workouts.) A lot of men (and women I guess) who weight train do something called CKD which is a lot more involved and requires carb ups for longer periods of time. Some people have said this doesn't work as well for women that is why I am trying TKD. Anyway of course it is a bit more "scientific" involving glucogen and muscles etc. But like I said I'm still figuring it all out myself. If you've read anything on the Beachbody site you know they do not promote Low carb at all so I figure TKD is the next best thing because I only eat my major carbs before my workout to use them up.

I did my 3rd day of P90 and it sure is kicking my butt! I will try your advice to carb up before doing weights (circuits right?), my next circuit day will be Wednesday. Thanks again for the advice, I maybe in way over my head, but I'm not going to drown!