Old Sun, Jul-25-04, 10:08
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T

Of course, this program is dubbed "The Healthy Low Carb Lifestyle™". And as noted in the post above .. you're encouraged to use their proprietary products .. carb blockers, fiber supplement (used as an appetite suppressant), anti-craving formulas, bars, shakes etc. which are "superior" to other similar products because they have the correct blend of nutrients, low-fat, low-sodium etc etc ...

Hardly revolutionary ... or new.

Doreen

I understand people's feelings about weight loss programs that puss products but the Atkins program certainly pushes their products and probably more than any other weight loss company or program. And it didn't start happening after Dr. Atkins died because he mentioned his bars and shakes in some of his books while he was still alive. As long as these products are opional, I see no problem with weight loss programs that offer them, as long as they don't say you HAVE to make them a part of your meal plans. As far as I can see, neither Atkins OR the Walker Diet make their products a mandatory part of their programs. Neither does Dr. Phil and Weight Watchers. However, Slim-Fast and Jenny Craig DO, make their products a mandatory part of their program.