View Single Post
  #113   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 03:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

Wendy - Im not sure why it says do not do ramp it up in the morning. But I'll tell ya that is the only time I workout because it is the only time I can. I don't remember reading that but I still would've anyway. Maybe they don't think you'll have enough energy or something because you wouldnt' have eatin'. If I am doing "real" weights workout I do get up earlier so that I can have food in me but for Si6 there isn't any really serious weight work so while I"m no expert I really don't see why you shouldn't be able to do that workout in its entirety in the morning.

Musicwoman - The reason why I personally have been doing TKD on weights days is because doing low carb, people have said, will not give your muscles what they need. There are a bunch of threads on here about TKD but in a nutshell you carb up before your workout (only on weights days NOT cardio days) and low carb the rest of the day to get back into ketosis. I'm still trying to get a grasp on it myself. (I don't think I"m ever in ketosis personally but I do know I need a bit extra to get through my workouts.) A lot of men (and women I guess) who weight train do something called CKD which is a lot more involved and requires carb ups for longer periods of time. Some people have said this doesn't work as well for women that is why I am trying TKD. Anyway of course it is a bit more "scientific" involving glucogen and muscles etc. But like I said I'm still figuring it all out myself. If you've read anything on the Beachbody site you know they do not promote Low carb at all so I figure TKD is the next best thing because I only eat my major carbs before my workout to use them up.

Not working out this morning, didn't wake up early enough to get it in before my yard sale so hopefully I'll be able to later or I'll use today as my rest day and workout tomorrow (my usual rest day).

Talk to ya later
Jenn