#2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 14:39
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hang in there

Believe me I sympathise. But hang in there, when we get it right, it will be all worth it.

I lost 7.5 pounds in first 4 days, and then regained 6.5 of them in the following 11. I am also in the process of eliminating everything except the bare essentials to get the scales going the right way. (It is working). Feel free to take a look at my journal. The menus for Day 17 and Day 18 have worked pretty well, and I think are good and varied. Some salad with goats cheese, olives and olive oil and balsamic dressing - with fresh king prawns, some steak with steamed broccoli and creamy mushroom sauce... yummmmmmm. I am trying to be quite adventurous with my induction foods (within the bounds of what is allowed of course).

It is important that you don't cut back so much that you feel deprived. Try to keep your carbs at between 15 and 20, you will lose better and feel better. Make up the carbs with the good stuff. make sure you eat enough. 10-12 times your weight in calories. More fat, helps you lose faster.

The things I cut out that I think were causing my problem were all excess salt, nuts and artificial sweetened stuff, I must be sensitive to it. I have read a lot about your body thinking its getting sweets so it produces insulin. Aspartame and other sweeteners (which are contained in diet softdrinks) are notorious for preventing weight loss in some. I am hoping that once my weight loss gets steady I can reintroduce the 50g of Macadamia nuts a day, as I like the change of nuts.

An idea on the lunch!!

Why not get a lunchbox that contains a thermos. You can freeze the thermos and it will act as a built in refridgeration unit. Then you can pack anything you like for lunch - salad and chicken, left over roast meats, some cheese, a ceasar salad (no croutons) with chicken. Remember to pack a snack for mid-morning and afternoon too. There are also lots of "mini-eskies" or cooler bags available now. Ok, so you might look a little odd turning up with it, but how great would it be for you to be able to bring your own stuff. Stick it in a shady spot so the ice pack doesn't melt so fast, and you should be all set.

Hang in there lisanixon, I know its easy to be impatient and want to see results.

:hug:

Kim