View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-08-01, 08:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/159/120 Female 4' 11
BF:
Progress: 25%

I tried WW a few years ago. I'm not one for detail and the counting & measuring were to much for me ... not to mention the cost and having to travel into town (I live in a little village) to get weighed in, etc. was a bit too much. I had lost 9 pounds and wanted to get a ribbon for a 10 pound loss but was stalled at 9 pounds. They told me they had a secret to get me off the plateau ... but wouldn't tell me the secret. So I quit!

I tried the Dr. McDougal plan for about a year. It's basically a vegetarian, no dairy type of thing. I didn't loose any weight and did not feel healthy. I suppose the high carbs (grains and all eh) brought my blood sugar way up and I was diagnosed as type II diabetic.

I love L.C. I did induction faithfully and once that was over I slipped a few times (mostly during fresh corn on the cob season). But even though I'm not doing it religiously I have been able to keep my blood sugar low and have lost 19 pounds since July/2000.

I figure that because of my hit & miss approach to LC it will take me longer to loose my weight but that's okay. I am loosing, slowly, my diabetes is under control through diet only and I (who am mathematically challenged) do not have to count stuff. I just know that I don't eat bread, pasta, rice, etc. I eat a lot of meat, salads, stuff with Splenda and I exercise more than I ever did.

I need an easy plan, something that doesn't require me to do too much work. Because if it did, I'd end up going back to my high carb eating again. I need products that are easy to purchase rather than online; especially those LC tortillas ... I'd love to try those, and fresh baked LC bread!

I like the fact that the only cost involved in LC was the purchase of DANDR, no meetings, no shipping charges, etc and the support given by everyone in these LC forums is wonderful.