View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 11:15

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi guys! The more the merrier working on this problem so I can get back to the forums and post like usual!

Here's the deal;
1.- Brand new Dell computer 3 weeks old tomorrow...running Windows XP Home
2.- Factory installed Norton AV
3.- Self installed SpyBot and Adaware
4.- Factory installed trial versions of Jasc Paint Shop Pro and Paint Shop Photo Album 4 (just in case it matters)
5.- AOL is the only ISP I can get to work out here in the country with our old telephone lines. Have no access to cable or broadband and have tried other ISP's without success...could not log on.
6.- No other software has been downloaded from the Internet
7.- I had the identical problem with the old computer
8.- I do NOT have this trouble on any of the other Bulletin Boards I vist and post on.

SeeMyself, I followed your instructions and never could find the Systems Resources deal. If someone can tell me how to find them on XP, I will try again. Sorry.

The icons in my tool tray running from RIGHT to LEFT of the clock are:
1.- Safely Remove Hardware (Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device - Drive (F Very interesting! When I clicked on that icon to read it, I had a note come up telling me it could safely be turned off now and it is gone!
2.- Epson Stylus Photo printer
3.- AOL
4.- Musicmatch jukebox
5.- Windows Messenger-not signed in
6.- Local area connection A network cable is unplugged (??)
7.- QuickTime
8.- Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Enabled
9.- Norton Internet Security Enabled
10.- Dell Support Alerts
11.- Kodak EasyShare

Even more interesting is I have typed ALL of this and have NOT stalled once. Going to go to Purnois's journal where I ALWAYS stall and see if that Safely Remove Hardware icon changed anything.

Thanks for all the help guys. Oh, Wa'il, I went to the backweb page you gave me and that appears to be for broadband issues. I couldn't find anything there that related to my computer.

Nance :Wave: