#10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default ToDietFor ...

LisaF, Doreen and I had a very interesting discussion on this a ways back (they've changed the label some since) about those very things, how sweet it seemed and what-the-heck-are-HSHs and all kinds of stuff that will probably pretty well answer your question.

Firstly, run that puppy through the LowCarb Tools:Hidden Carbs Inspector from the orange menu bar above (which wasn't available at the time we "oldtimers" discussed this before) and you will probably see your suspicions confirmed...

Secondly, here's a link to one of the related discussions (about the HSH or Hydrolyzed Starch Hydrolysates), a thread in the LowCarb Kitchens forum: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...4&highlight=HSH

and (I did a search for you on "to diet for"... right here in the Forum), there's this thread:
"to diet for" users - question
and this thread:
"to diet for" lowcarb shake mixes (a really informative thread this one).

I hope this helps you out, LisaF.

There's a lot of information there, but you also get a gander at some of the tools available to you here at this great website, such as the Hidden Carbs Inspector and the Search (the Search is SOOOOO useful because 2000 or so LowCarbers are bound to have discussed a lot of the same concerns you might have, eh?)

PS: of course, it's JudI
PPS: my favourite flavour is, as I said before, the Strawberry . Chocolate I like to make myself with REAL quantities of dark unsweetened genuine cocoa powder... which has some carbs of its own, but what can ya do?