View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 23:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/128.5/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Salsa, pico de gallo... it's the little things that are keeping my carbs up

After several weeks of being good (ok, a couple of cheats during vacation) and not losing inches or pounds, I decided to take a good look at what I'm eating, and make changes based on the suggestions I've read on the board.

Well, I have yet to prove my theory, but I think I may have come up with something. It turns out it may be the salsa and pico de gallo that are keeping me from losing.

I live in Mexico, and a meal is not a meal without some kind of salsa, so... you can easily end up eating an extra two tomatos, one onion and one jalapeņo in salsa throughout the day (even more if you sit down with a bag of pork rinds and a bowl of salsa for an afternoon snack, *sigh*), and you don't even think about it, after all, it's just something you put on food, not actual food, right? Well, not according to Fitday. It turns out that a small bowl of pico de gallo (1 cup tomato, 1/2 cup onion, 1 jalapeņo pepper, half a lime's juice and some cilantro) has 20 grams of carbs!

And I can (and do) eat that in one sitting and not even notice it! So I guess that rather than blame the stall on the cream cheese, I should start taking a good hard look at "the little things".

Has anybody else found similar "little things" that are much carbier than they would have thought? I'd like to know what else to be on the lookout for.
Sponsored Links