View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-07-01, 14:10

Plan:
Stats: 250/239/150
BF:
Progress:

I tried WW a long time ago, I think I was about 17 at the time. I did lose some weight on it, but not much. All I ended up doing on their plan was starve myself the day before 'weigh in' so that the scale would come down. I was always hungry. I tried a low fat diet as well a couple years ago and it wasn't a great success either. And any diet that I have ever followed I would always give 100% effort. But would only get 10% success in return! Needless to say I didn't stay with those diets for very long. I was on the low fat diet for about 6 months, followed it to a T. Only lost weight the first 2 months (about 25 or 30 pounds), then it just stopped. The scale never moved for months! As I mentioned in another thread about my cholesterol not coming down after doing low fat for 6 months and my cholesterol level was still high...well that pretty much put an end to that diet!!! Now that I'm low carbing, the weight is coming off with ease and I'm never hungry!! I don't feel like I'm starving myself and because of that I'm not looking for 'snacks' to munch on all the time. Sometimes I even forget to eat!
I also tried Herbalife with the protien shakes but I was always hungry on it. A shake for breakfast and lunch just wasn't my idea of a meal. I would go to work hungry and unsatisified. That diet didn't last either. I spent almost $300.00 on powders and supplements and they are sitting in a box somewhere collecting dust right along with all the low fat books that I've bought over the years. I wince when I think about how much money that I have spent over the years trying to become thin. When all this time the real problem was right under my nose...Insulin Resistance. (doctors have been testing me for diabetes since I was a teenager...the tests always came back negative, too bad they didn't investigate a little further. I would have know years ago about Insulin Resistance!)
Just a quick note.... I started low carbing on April 20th and have lost 11 pounds so far. And I feel great!!

Rilee