Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 16:58
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceberezin
For me, part of the attraction of the low carbohydrate WOE is that you get rid of most processed foods from your diet, since processed foods tend to be grain-based or high in sugar and starch with trans fats. Naturally, the food processing industry tried to cash in on the low carb wave, but it hasn't worked since serious low-carbers avoid processed foods and the not-so-serious have dropped out.

It's not surprising that a lot of the low-carb stores have suffered the same fate. Frankly, I felt that these stores were based on the wrong concept. They specialized in substitution products which don't interest the serious low-carber, and send the message about everything that we've given up to follow this WOE. I would love to see a store based on the concept of one-stop-shopping for the low carbohydrate WOE. It would feature high quality meats, fish, poultry, cheese, low carbohydrate fruits and vegetables, and naturally low carb gourmet and specialty items (pickled octopus, anyone). It would be a celebration of the low carb lifestyle and feature all the wonderful foods we get to eat.

So I can't be a "serious" low-carber and enjoy my Splenda-sweetened ketchup, an occasional sf candy or scoop of ice cream and snack on LC Tostitos once in a while? I'll take them over pickled octopus any day... seriously.