View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/128.5/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Both DH and I are lcing, and we actually started because he was having knee problems. Last December after what should have been a minor pull on the knee while climbing some stairs, his knee got incredibly swollen. He was told he needed surgery, but after seeing my aunt struggle with the results of her knee surgery for over six months, he decided he'd try something else first.

We didn't start lcing right away after that, and his knee got a little better but he had to use a cane and a knee brace, and at 35, he didn't think that was a lot of fun.

Now, after roughly 5 weeks on Atkins, his knee pain is gone, there's no inflammation and he doesn't need a cane or brace anymore. He also used to complain of lower back pain which is now gone. The dark circles under his eyes have virtually disappeared after years of being there. His intestinal problems have resolved. Last week we were on vacation and he cheated a couple of days, but felt so awful afterwards (heartburn and stomach upset) that he says it wasn't worth it. Also, after cheating, his belly got immediately bigger and he definitely didn't like that.

As for myself, my skin has cleared up and for the first time in years, the side effects of a cortisone shot to treat my solar dermatitis have been incredibly mild (no moon face this time, yay!). Also, I haven't been having so many migraines.

So, yes, we're going to stick to this WOE.