Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 15:07
Registered Member

Plan: hi prot/carb/cal cycling
Stats: 138.5/133.5/120 Female 64 inches
BF:20%
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
Nope. Cardio is not useless. Just overrated for changing body shape.

This has been my point all along.

You probably would have been happier with my cardiovascular "fitness" when I was running, but I didn't like my shape.

Now that I no longer rely on cardio for the shape of my body, I actually LIKE the way my body looks. Hard, lean, and tight. Not fat and flabby like it was in my running days.

exactly...which is why you see fat aerobics instructors, fat runners, fat triathletes.....unless you are the elite or the "winners" that J references so often. It is these folks jobs to train all day every day ...and if they are elite or pro you can pretty musch gurantee there is something not natural about their regime. If they are non pro, but win races the folks I know in these circles tend to train 15-20 + hours a week, they are lean, but that has do do with diet as well..and the average joe on this board I do not think is looking for that type of commitment.

There are plenty of references on the web to cortisol and the like J, if you do a search you should find it...that will also save you some money in buying a book...or Built can direct you as well.