View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 13:43
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well.. two things. You swallow air everytime you drink something. I think drinking with a straw makes you swallow more air. If you're drinking more, you'll swallow more air as well. Some people actually develop the habit of swallowing air just normally. I've heard Dr. Dean Edell discuss it. I'd be willing to be its just air you're swallowing.

Go to google and type "cause of belching" and you'll find articles like this:

http://www.medicinenet.com/Intestin...nce/article.htm

Quote:
What causes belching?

The ability to belch is almost universal. Belching, also known as burping, is the act of expelling gas from the stomach out through the mouth. The usual cause of belching is a distended (inflated) stomach caused by swallowed air. The distention of the stomach causes abdominal discomfort, and the belching expels the air and relieves the discomfort. The common reasons for swallowing large amounts of air (aerophagia) are gulping food or drink too rapidly, anxiety, and carbonated beverages. People are often unaware that they are swallowing air. "Burping" infants during bottle or breast feeding is important in order to expel air in the stomach that has been swallowed with the formula or milk.