#56   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 12:34
Chicken Butt

Plan: My Own/ CKD
Stats: 152/129/115 Female 5'0"
BF:24.5/?/?
Progress: 62%

TD, Built, MPS, legwarmers....

Y`all look fabulous. I will join your ranks soon-- I wanna be a success story when I grow up.

And just to add my two cents to this thread, I did aerobics for YEEEAAAAARS--- even classes that involved resistance training. However, the low-weight, hi-rep, non-stop anaerobic mania that made up those classes did NOTHING to help me achieve the look I was going for. I literally became convinced that my body was a super-adaptive thing that defied all traditional thought on diet and exercise.

At one point, I was down to less than 1000 calories a day, and working out 5 days a week-- all cardio. I was surviving on vegetables and non-fat frozen yogurt. All carbs, veggies, and NO protien.

But within a month of lifting HEAVY and doing *MODERATE* cardio a few times a week, my body composition changed drastically. Not only that, I feel better than I ever did when I was doing aerobics.

Also, I had to buy new skinny jeans.

Anyway, I`m convinced that excess cardio is useless and totally overrated. It`s all about hi-protien, low/moderate carbs, and BIG CHUNKS OF IRON.

-db