#15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 08:04

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW
I went to www.lipitor.com to see whether you were correct about the warning that "It has not been shown to prevent heart disease or heart attacks." What you say is precisely true. Moreover, you can copy text from much of that website, but try copying the test of the warning to the clipboard on your computer.

That's because they've made it a picture, an image rather than text. You can save the image by right-clicking (control-click on a Mac) and selecting "Save picture as..." or "Save Image As..." and tell it where to save it.

Hmm.

Anyway, to strengthen the anacdotal evidence that dietary fat has little to do with cholesterol, I've upped my fats to around 60% of my diet, much of it saturated fat and I just got my lipid numbers back.

What's strange is that my overall number is right about the same as it was two years ago. (pre-low carb) My triglycerides have come down just a bit (not as much as I thought they would), my HDL has gone up and my LDL stayed about the same. Overall, not much movement.

Total 235
HDL 43
LDL 164
Tri 140

Not great numbers, like some here, but not horrible either. If you listen to the AHA then with all of the saturated fat I eat I should be in the hospital with sky-high numbers. Instead, I've lost over 40 pounds, I exercise five-days a week and eat tons of vegetables. I have a feeling these are just the basic numbers my body will always have. I'll have them checked again later this year, November maybe. We'll see what happens then. Anyone else not see much change in their numbers?

Plane Crazy