#3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-01, 21:25
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking not so SAD

hey Rachel, not to worry. I'm just sufferring terminal cabin fever. I'm feeling energetic and the weather's not co-operating!!

On the subject of ideal living spaces. I moved to my current apartment two years ago for the reasons you cited. It's huge, bright and sunny (well, when there's sun) I'm on the top floor overlooking the water, my windows face south-east and south-west, since I'm on a corner. My neighbours are all 100 yrs old. I bought all kind of houseplants, and they are thriving.

Drawbacks - the sun...... in the summer, it is blazing hot in here by 6:00 am......... I do have an air conditioner, and heavy drapes, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having all that light. The water ..... not so serene when the motor boats and sea-doos etc go roaring by. And in the fall...... geese, and more geese, ducks and more ducks...... and they never SHUT UP...... And the plants...... it's like a jungle in here! They are doing TOO well, and the watering and pruning has become a full-time job .... I'm into the repotting right now. mid-May will let me move some stuff out onto my balcony, which is huge, I do love that. It's 24 feet long. Some really hot nights in the summer, I have slept out there on my chaise longue. I even had a vegetable and herb garden up here last summer.

The hundred year old neighbours don't like Bonnie Raitt, Colin James or Billie Holiday as much as i do. Darn.

And my luck would be that having a dribbly, trickling fountain noise would just keep my bladder in a constant uproar...

Everything comes with a price!! **LOL** Right now, I just want winter to be over. I'm sick of boots and heavy coats and hats and mitts. UGGHH.

Doreen