View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: Angry Paleo
Stats: 375/205/180 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 87%

It reminds me of some of the things I wrote in college. I was a columnist for the paper, and had to fill a certain number of column inches twice a week. And on some days, I tell you, trying to come up with something was a real chore. I'm really embarrassed about some of the things I wrote. I was very interested in writing well, and did, every time, but the subject matter was weak from time to time, depending on how much time I had to actually sit down and think that week. And whatever I wrote, no matter how little I knew about the subject I was writing about, I tried to be amusing.

He's a small-time columnist writing for a small-time paper and probably having the time of his life doing it. I'm guessing he doesn't get paid a dime to do it, either. Imagine yourself having to come up with 800 words every week on a completely new topic. Personally, my first column would be low-carbohydrate nutrition, but what about the second week? What about the 52nd week? Probably enjoys "fan" mail too, since some of his other columns are about cell phones and "The Key To Success Is To Stay Disorganized".