Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 07:21
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora23
I'm not sure why people feel the need to be so discouraging about the fat fast, but I have read an equal # of posts where people did not gain the weight back, max they gained back 1-2(water) and had lost up to 15.

Mostly because the situations where people want to use it seem inappropriate (in our opinions of course, everyone eventually has to decide for themselves).

In this specific case Libra has lost most of her weight already, is about to go into the military and seems to want to "crash diet" to get her weight down a few more pounds before she goes in (at the military's encouragement to lose just a few more, from what I've read in previous posts).

Having been in the military (albeit eons ago ) I know how stressful making those weigh-ins can be and how much pressure can be put on you by your superiors if you are even close to being overweight. It's one of the reasons I am still struggling with my weight to this day. Here's a quote from the first entry in my journal that summarizes it:

Quote:
After leaving Tech School my weight headed back up again and continued that way. Over the 9.5 years I was in the Air Force I did many awful things to destroy my metabolism in order to make required weigh-ins. I abused diuretics and laxatives, I starved myself (the longest I went was 8 days with nothing but water – and doing aerobics every day at the same time), I’ve exercised in clothing designed to make me sweat then gone and sat in saunas to make me sweat more. I just about did it all except throw-up (not for lack of trying, I just couldn’t stand it). I tried every diet under the sun and some that only existed in my imagination.

This is one reason I have followed many of libra's threads and often posted warnings. I don't want to see what happened to me happen to someone else. I was virtually forced out of the military after 9.5 years because of my weight. I would have done my 20 (or more) and retired if it hadn't been for that. I still regret it to this day.

Sorry to get up on ye olde soap box again

Debbie