View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 04:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.4/173.8/140
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Happy New Year and Confession!

I have to confess I have not been following the eating plan for months. I kept trying to go back to it and contantly failing. So from having got down to 70kg from 85kg I am now back to 85kg (187.5lbs) again! Very distressing.

So I had to figure out why I was being so pathetic. Once I really thought about it I knew what it was. First I stopped going to the gym and even sold my membership after two years of going regularly 3 times a week. Why stop? It was a simple break from the routine due to being away on holiday.

I kept starting to go back to low carb- (like every Monday!) but was having a few glasses of wine in the evening after work. I thought this was fine if I factored it in to my carb quota but more often than not it took away enough of my self dicipline that I would eat some carbs. and go out of ketosis.

So now I know routines are really vital to success. A set time for the gym is necessary, an appointment that takes precedence over other things. For me that time is before work because there is nothing else that can get in the way once I am out of bed! Getting out of bed is hard whether it is at 6.00am or 7.00am -you cant tell the difference.

I know how to do it right and all that is left is remembering that I want to. The pleasure of eating and drinking is very short but the pleasure of good health is more lasting.

So there is my confession and this year I will regain my fitness and trim away all those kilograms. One thing I did keep doing though was visiting this site- it helped me to keep the ultimate goal in mind and reading other peoples struggles and tips has helped me to get back on the wagon.
Sponsored Links