View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 11:58

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum, Janet and congrats on finding LC.

In general, all LC plans work toward lowing BP and Cholesterol - it has to do with the science behind it. If you'd like a very detailed explanation of how and why LCing works like it does I suggest a copy of "Protein Power" by the Eades. You can probably get a copy at your local library. I know that this site www.half.com sells books for pennies as well. The Eades do a great job of explaining in scientific terms and laymans terms just why LCing does such a great job of lowering Cholesterol and Blood Pressure; many people can actually stop taking their meds (this should never be done w/o your doctors supervision, however).

When I started PP my BP was 146/94 within 6 weeks it was down to 132/79. My cholesterol had always been 'normal' but w/in 6 weeks of LC it actually improved (triglycerides went down even further and HDL was up).

I suggest you take a good look at the print outs you've made of the various plans and try to find one that best fits with your lifestyle then get yourself a copy of that book. Knowledge is your best friend right now.

Happy reading and all the best in 2002,
Nat