#4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 08:47
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Red face Thankyou, glad you like it.

Hmm, copyrights..... never thought of it before. But now that I do think about it, I HAVE posted quite a few recipes here over the last year that truly are my own invention.

As far as leaving it out overnight ... I know that traditional muesli is often prepared by an overnight soak method, with a little chopped fruit added. Only difference with this is the ground flax ... the essential fatty acids in flax oxidize quickly in heat, air and light.(hours though, not minutes ) .. This is why I recommend you don't toast the ground flax with the rest, and also why it should be stored in the fridge. The toasted grains and nuts alone would be fine to keep at room temp. But it's the flax that provides most of the fiber here. Without it, the cereal would be mostly starch carbs, with only half the fiber grams. In spite of what the "health food" folks like to tell us ... whole grains aren't the big fiber bargains at all. Vegetables are. Hmmm ... maybe I should experiment with some grated veggies in the mix ... not kidding .... some shredded zucchini would be bland, would add fiber, bulk. I'm going to try it!! and keep y'all posted how it turns out. Unsweetened coconut is another possibility, and different nuts ... hazelnuts and pecans would be good

Doreen