#24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 07:35

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Default kids and lo-carb

Hi Tracy:

My family and I have been trying to keep on lo-carb with limited success. It's amazing how hard it is when the kids are bombarded with hi-carb everything! The concession stand at the baseball field has absolutely NOTHING my kids can eat, save water and diet soda. The Cafeteria at lunch is laden with hi-carb fare.

Eating out has become somewhat less difficult because of lo-carb options, but it's not what kids WANT when offered the other stuff on the menu.

CAD helps, because it offers kids a chance to eat carbs one time a day.

My oldest son (12) has been back to trying to stay on CAD, but he has such a difficult time losing weight, it's hard for him to stay motivated. He's gained some weight throughout the winter months and is now trying to get them back off. He's 5'1" and 145 lbs, currently. He was up to 150.

My younger son abhors the lo-carb lifestyle. He's skinny as a rail and he loves cereal, pancakes, etc. and trying to get him to just eat lo-carb is truly pulling teeth.

I did lo-carb throughout most of my pregnancy with my 4th child, and it helped quite a bit, but I'm still trying to lose the last 20 lbs. I can never lose weight when breastfeeding and have just weened my daughter. The weight is starting to come off, now.

My 3 year old daughter LOVES ham and cheese and is really eatingh a pretty lo-carb lifestyle. Hopefully, I can keep her going and train her up right. I didn't have the information when the other kids were young, or they might not be struggling with the problems they have now!

Wish we were doing better and could demonstrate to your viewers what a great option this is, but unfortunately, I don't think we're the IDEAL family to show how lo-carb works, even though we are trying to do it and I understand the benefits of it.

Best of luck in your effort to find that ideal family that has really discovered how to make this work.

JeannieF