View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 15:30

Plan: Zone, Sugar Addicts Recovery Program, Potatoes Not Prozac
Stats: 210/210/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Re: Am I the onlly one who's different....?

I get the same reactions as you, altho strangely, i have HIGH blood pressure! I have always thought my reactions were more due to low blood sugar in the morning. Some mornings I am so dizzy I almost black out before I can make it to the bathroom, so exercising is hardly an option for me in the morning. UNLESS someone has some ideas on how to ''cure'' this.

I just recently started following the steps in the book Sugar Addicts Total Recovery Program, where I eat a potato 3 hours after dinner and before bed, but hasn't helped with my morning jitters.

The only time i don't get this way in the morning is when i am NOT exercising regularly. (I will exercise in the evening). I wonder if I need to eat more? But then I also want to lose fat so it seems counterproductive.

I am very open to any suggestions or ideas here as I would just LOVE to burn 300% more calories from a morning walk in this cold Manitoba weather right now!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tikerberi
I have very low blood pressure, barely any pulse, and my cholesterol is excellent. I have a tendency, in summer and with all forms of exercise (since childhood) to get overheated quickly and dizzy from low blood pressure at times.

I'm having a very difficult time doing cardio in the am before eating, and I've been trying. I even tried with some coffee and/or some ephedra. It only made it worse.

I use a treadmill, sometimes manual mode from 2-4 mph for 1/2 with a cool down pace, or an aerobic pace that is preset.

However, early in the day, if I haven't eaten, I find that I get short on breath, overheated, and dizzy, and on the few occasions I've tried this (usually on weekends since I don't have time on weekdays in the morning) I have had exactly the same results. I just can't do more than a relatively slow 2-2.5 mph walk without negative effects and for only about 15 minutes. Then, after a shower, it still takes me about two hours to cool down, and even after three hours my face is still often red and hot and my temples throbbing.

If I do the treadmill in the evening before dinner, then I am able to go much faster, much longer, and work into a real sweat without the overheating or dizziness. It takes less time to cool down too.

It seems like I need to get some blood sugar up in my siystem in order to do the workout in a meaningful way.

Am I the onlyl one with this problem?