Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.K.
Bingo! - It did.

I've been consuming lots of water per the instructions but wondering why. I thought perhaps it was to just give myself a false sense of 'fullness' and for me I'd decided that was enough, but it sure is nice to know there's a lot more to it than that.

Thanks!

This is what I always thought... broths, teas, and even water all create a sensation of fullness in the stomach that handily nips any "false hunger pangs"... you know the feelings where you just want to nibble but you don't actually need the energy. This, naturally, leads to taking in less calories. So, I thought this was the reason we were told to drink water on diets.

However now that I know there is some evidence that water consumption actually raises metabolic rate, I will definitely be drinking pure ice cold (they said it was heating the water which contributed, right?) water. It can't hurt... after all, water is free.

I would love to know the reason diet sodas and "unpure" beverages negatively impacted metabolism, though. I would think they would raise metabolism even higher since all the necessary filtering of the water by the body probably raises metabolism to a greater degree than straight water... doesn't seem to be the case though, unfortunately . Sigh, and just when I find out they came out with a diet brisk iced tea (my FAVORITE drink pre-Atkins *cry*).