View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 07:45

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

Genetics and metabolism.

Yet another myth, if you exercice you can eat whatever you want, that can be true for a person with a fast metabolisme but untrue for someone else.

I knew this guy at my other job he was big, he add some bodyfat on him but he was damn big, he trained everyday in the gym and ran 30 minutes a day, but kept eating crap.

One day we started talking and he said Yannick, i just cant get under 250 pounds the guy was 6 feet 2, he add a small gut but man he was big, i told him John why i know this is gonna be hard on you but why do you try cutting out the sugar in your diet, bread, pasta and rice and replace them with salad.

John was dedicated and tried it and guess what he add so much success that he is still doing it, he has gone from a muscular 250 pouder to a very lean 215 pounder, he looks amazing now and has lost a lot of water, he got abs and is cut up like hell.

Now low carb isnt for everyone and i see so many post here that people arent losing, i dont really see a difference on someone cutting is carbs down to 30g a day and if it doenst work cut them out even lower.

Low carb works for me but i decided to go another way, i dont eat bacon anymore and eat low fat meats instead of the high fat ones.

When i start low carb the first 2 weeks i do the diet to a T, meaning i eat more fat then protein etc etc.

But after 2 weeks i start adding veggies, and turn the low carb into a protein diet.