View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 08:51

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 224/193/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Thank you!!

Doreen, thanks so much for this! The more I read the more I am sure that Kel and I can do this together, with any modifications necessary made for him. I KNOW he'll love this food--and since he will be at my mercy (heh heh) for several weeks, I'll have the perfect opportunity to get him hooked. I can hear him now though--"What, no bisquits?"

When, right after the angiogram, Kel's surgeon explained to us just how serious this is, I got the heat rush and the cold chills all at once. He is only 37 years old, the very age his dad died (an accident, not health related) so he is slightly overwhelmed. Looking back though I can see how easily tired he gets, though he did play tennis 3-4 times a week. (His doctor told him no more playing until he is good and healed). He'd fall asleep early in the evening in his chair, then wake up at 2, 3 a.m. unable to sleep anymore. I keep telling him by this time next year, he'll be a much, much younger 38. He wants to believe but he is still scared. I think gaining control of his diet will really help him. I've lost six lbs. just since Christmas Day myself and KNOW this is the way to go.

Thanks again and I'll post later on my success (thinking positive!) with getting Kel to join me on this.