View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 14:16

Plan: Diabetic Low Carb
Stats: 165/153.5/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Unhappy Carb Counting

I am a "Newbie", and I am sooooo glad that this site is available. I have been recently diagnosed as having Diabetes, I am currently on a low-carb diet. and I'm hoping that I can lose some weight. I need to lose about 30 pounds. I have noticed that I have lost about 7 pounds (only) in about 2 and a half weeks. What am I doing wrong? I buy "Low carb bread 6 Net Carbs" and I only have two slices in the AM for breakfast. I do put some Peanut Butter on it, only a little (less than a tsp.), then a cup of coffee. I exercise faithfully, but it seems so hard to drop the pounds. I do think that I am toning my muscles, and I can see some progress in my waist. Can anyone tell me if medication has carbs? I take Multi Vitamins, Niacin, aspirin, I have heard that I should count the carbs in my meds (by a friend), I've seen a Dietician only once, but I do have an appointment in a few weeks, I will ask her that, but if anyone can advise me, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to be able to lose a few more pounds before my next appointment. What do some of you eat for breakfast? Lunch? and Dinner? For dinner last evening I had Barbequed chicken, and a Salad. Could it be the portions? Any help is appreciated. I really have too good an apetite.