Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 11:20

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default January Plans

Quote:
Originally posted by Marlaine
When things appeared to be at their worst with me and LC as a WOL I made the committment to myself to give it an honest 100% try until January.

Time for a little update. Here it is almost January and I'm now 27.5 pounds down. There is no question that I'm going on with LC as a WOE. I've been eating this way now for three and a half months and it's become second nature. I'm satisfied with the food that I eat and I don't really miss the things that I've given up. I've encountered some times where it was a little more difficult to stick with and I've found that I have what it takes and I CAN do it! Confidence in myself and LC is growing.

On the way home from my Christmas trip, I was rushing for a ferry and was definately hungry - gnawing stomach and all. I stopped at an A & W drive thru and ordered a cheese burger with mayo only. I figured the mayo would help to prevent the meat from sticking to the bun and it worked perfectly. I was able to peel away the bun and the meat and cheese satisfied my hunger completely. Success!

Christmas itself was the biggest challenge I've faced yet. I was staying with a friend for a week and the house was filled with people and sugary treats. Everytime I walked past a tray of baked goodies or chocolates (and they were there the whole time) I was tempted, but I just kept telling myself: "You don't eat that stuff anymore", and it worked for me. When I was absolutely desperate to nibble and munch along with the other folks, I nibbled pork rinds. Those things put me off food quick!

So....Here is to a Happy and Successful New Year, for me and for all of my new LC friends!!