View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 16:06

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default ok, first effort

This is the first time I've worked out with weights for ages. I'm torn between feeling mortified and depressed at how much strength I've lost! Not that I was ever any great shakes, but boy, I used to be able to handle much more than this. Ah well, will keep pluggin away now I've started again, and I'll see improvement in time.

I did 3 sets of bench presses, having to use 8# dumbbells and my "big blue ball" instead of the barbell and bench, as the majority of my weights are blocked in a corner and I don't feel like having to dig for them just now. Considering how poozly I am, I suspect the ball and dumbbells will suffice for a few weeks, Anyway, did 3 sets with 8# db, 20 reps each.

Next, rows, which I did also with 8# db, 3 sets, 15/15/8.
Then, military press, with the 8# db, 3 sets, 12/8/8.
Next, crunches, which frigging *killed me. <sigh> I was only able to do 2 sets of 10 each, and was a quivering mess after each set. For some reason, these made me feel like I might throw up. Odd. Anyway...
Next, squats. By this point, I was weak and wobbly already. I only did 1 set of 10 with the 8# db. Last I did sumo deads, ditto.

I wonder if the fact that it is about 80 degrees with 94% humidity in here today has something to do with the wobblies and the feeling like I wanted to hurl after the crunches? Or was it just my piss-poor fitness level in general? LOL

Anyway, I had a quick glass of water after I lifted, then got on the bike and did 40 minutes of moderate (for me) cardio. Did 7.7 miles , which was about 11.5 miles an hour.

I now feel wiped out. <g> Don't think I'll be terribly sore tomorrow, but then, the few times I've had major doms, I didn't suspect a thing til they hit. LOL I do hope to soon feel stronger, though. This was a bummer, feeling like a frail!

Will do the weights and cardio again on Monday, so I have Sunday in between. Then will stick to a MWF schedule for a while, with extra cardio on other days if I feel like it.

I'll look forward to being able to look back in here in a month, detecting (I hope!) progress.

Lene'