View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 05:41

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Question Does Ketosis show up in blood work/urine tests?

Later in January it will be time for my annual physical. The doc wants to do bloodwork and cholesterol testing. He is not supportive of LC...he is a low fat fanatic with me because of the severe gall bladder attacks I was having 4 years ago. I have not mentioned to him that I was LCing, but the last time I saw him I mentioned that I was "eating healthier" His response was "ahh, low fat, you finally got the message"

If I am in ketosis when the bloodwork is done (or the urine sample), will it show up in the tests? I know this is a broad question because there are a lot fo different tests that are done on blood and urine. He will be checking mostly for cholesterol, and probably redoing the test for hormones because I am pre-menopausal.

I don't want to have to justify how I am eating to the man who was only interested in prescribing drugs to fix all the post gall bladder surgery problems I had (which by the way have disappeared since I started LCing)

I bought a bottle of Ketostix just for kicks a while back, rarely use them, and have never registered more than trace ketosis.
Sponsored Links