Thread: Advice?! HELP
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 13:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 389/312/250 Male 6'3"
BF:guess
Progress: 55%

Not sure what the repercussions will be. However, one thing Dr. Atkin's mentioned in his book was that before you begin the diet, you should clean house. That is, pitch or give away anything that would tempt you. For me, I gave away, regular soda, rice, pasta, jams/jellies, chocolate, regular ketchup, the whole nine yards.

It took well over 8 months for me to cheat. It was a planned cheat too (wedding anniversary). For me, and I am sure a lot like me who have a lot to lose, once the weight started coming off, and inches melted away, it became easier to resist any temptations. I see people eat pies, cookies, donuts, cakes, etc all day long (I work for a city club with excellent food and such). Even the employee cafeteria is loaded with it but I don't eat it because although it tastes great, it doesn't taste as good as losing a pound or two or 50 feels.

So, regain your focus and keep trying. One thing i do know is that if you cheat a little, it won't kill you. Drink a lot of water and start over.

Good luck!