#11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 12:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest
My mother restricted the unhealthy/caloric foods brought into our house because I had a weight problem. This was back in the 60s when people understood that bread, pasta, and potatoes led to weight gain. But I was determined to eat frequently (not because she restricted me, but because of an inner drive). I can remember putting brown sugar into a bowl and eating it with my fingers when I couldn't find anything else interesting. I also ate a lot of cheese and whatever was leftover from dinner the night before. Short of locking the kitchen, I don't think my mother could have prevented my weight gain. I was an active child, especially in the summer. (I was also sent to weight loss camp twice, lost 20 pounds each time, and gained it back). When I was about 13 I began to understand mrore about the relationship between what I ate and my weight, and also to have motivation to be slimmer. At that point my weight was no longer my mother's responsibility, if it ever really was.

I actually learned how to Bake because my mom wouldn't let me have a piece of cake one day when I was a kid. It would've probably helped if we hadn't had all the ingredients I needed in the house already.