Thread: need advice
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 12:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

HI - My experience has been that it can take up to a month before the medication really starts helping with the depression so don't expect any magic bullets there. Time now for some personal TLC and only you can decide what that means for you. Given how you feel I agree with the other postings saying to hide the scale and focus just on eating healthy even if that means you settle into a maintenance range for awhile. I like the idea of swimming and/or strumming on the guitar - so long as what you play doesn't enhance your sadness. For me, I know one way to focus on myself and relax and not think about food is to sit down with a good book. I can close out everything - including the desire to munch or the cleaning and laundry that might need to be done. Try to think of something like that in your life that just makes you feel good and do it. You already know that food doesn't really do it because as fast as you shovel it your mind keeps reminding you that you really don't want to be doing that. I have one friend who used to go visit people in rest homes or hospitals when she was feeling down - I don't know if that would work, but I thought I would mention it. Hang in there Flynnlee, it will get better it truly will!