View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 21:17

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 224/193/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Great idea!

Liz, I like your idea of teaching him to cook!! He makes his own scrambled eggs already but claims he is tired of those. I went grocery shopping tonight and kept an eye out for low carb kid-like stuff. When I got home and showed him the hot dogs (which aren't nearly as bad as I thought!) and cheese sticks and the new bread and the pickles, which he also likes, along with jello and cool whip--he liked all that. I also bought pork ribs, his absolute favorite. He put some bbq sauce on it but instead of glopping them up with the sauce like I usually do, tonight I cooked them with butter! He didn't even notice and had far less sauce on them than usual. They were delicious!! He and I are alone tonight (dad out of town, daughter at a friend's) so I talked to him some more about this. I think getting him involved in choosing better foods is going to be helpful instead of trying to just change things without him really being aware of what is going on. My daughter (12) wants to do this, too. Looks like i need ot look into some of the books geared toward kids.

Thanks for the idea! He is home for Christmas so this is the ideal time to get him into cooking. He did help with the ribs, more or less.