View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 21:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/219/150 Female 5'6"
BF:not done yet
Progress: 39%

Hi!

Someone linked me to this thread and since I work for Starbucks, I just wanted to add a couple of things - first, we have a true low carb brownie now, mostly butter, chocolate, and almond flour and made with malitol (so avoid them in high numbers) If your Starbucks doesn't have them yet, ask very strongly and insist that such a thing exists. (Some districts don't have them and won't get them unless customers ask)

Second, we have a multi-grain low carb bagel available, too. It's 9 net carbs but I usually split one and opt for cream cheese, which brings it to about 5 - again, sometimes you really have to ask for stuff. The Atlanta district got the brownies because we all begged for them.

Last I guess that I just wanted to say that I know how hard it is. I willingly work at a place where a zillion strawberries and cream, java chip, and double carmel frappuccinos go by me on a daily basis. But I also know that unlike most coffee purveyors and even the wave of bookstore cafe's like Barnes and Noble and Borders, we do offer choices. We can make any of our regular drinks with half and half or even heavy cream, and we have two sugar free syrups on hand always. (Vanilla and Hazlenut) So, how about trying a heavy cream, hazlenut latte on ice, with a low carb brownie on your next visit? You'll be well within carb range and feel like you aren't missing out a bit-

Allez Y'All

sen
(someone so impressed by Starbucks I begged to work there)