View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 10:50

Plan: LeanGains
Stats: 226/192/180 Female 68 inches
BF:??/??/??
Progress: 74%
Default Volume and margin

I think about these products every time I go shopping, plus the zillions of other products I pass over and refuse to buy.

Bulk is cheap. And by that, I mean corn, wheat -- anything that we produce in excess. CPGs are mostly bulk. Carbohydrate count aside, I've always had this crack theory that in order to make up your nutritional requirements and not just feel full, you have to eat multiple times of That Stuff to get what your body needs.

Having said that, I wouldn't trust any one of these CPG companies to feed me. It's all marketing, and while some of these products might have reduced carbohydrates, I can't believe that they are low carbohydrate or that they provide the most nutritionally dense choice. Of course, to some degree, I have no choice, and I draw a wavy and hypocritical line between what I will feed my family and what I won't.

It does seem like this frenzy is going to do more harm than good for the reputation of low carb diets. But the same was done for low fat diets by the same frenzy.

Erin