View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 22:24

Plan: Own
Stats: 231/225.7/165 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 8%
Talking I'm liking this gym journal thing

Hi guys, thanks for stopping by my journal. Thanks for the info Built. I can see I'm going to have to spend quite some time studying your gym log. I use to lift heavy weights and do a lot of body building. Loved it. Life intervened, discipline let up and quite frankly I miss it. Now that I'm back at the gym I'm already starting to increase my starting weights. Won't be long and I'll be back to some decent weights. I use to push 440lbs with my quads at one time, now I'm doing 230lbs, so I've a way to go to get back to where I was. You're dead right about the weights burning off fat better than anything else. As I drop some of this damn fat off me ass I'll build the weights up again. Got a long way to go on my arms - only manage 60lbs on the tricep curl machine at present - way bummer. Couldn't even do tricep dips supporting me own fat ass when I started out
Oh, hoeing down on a turkey leg is just slang for eating my way through a giant size turkey (as in the bird you guys eat for thanks giving) drum-stick. It was my third "meal" of the day. I'm trying to get back into the old habit of eating small amounts more often to increase my metabolism. Lots of protein at present as I'm in induction on Atkins, day 11 and finally in ketosis. Feeling marginally better, a little less tired and more energetic but boy talk about bitchy. I've got a bad temper that normally I keep mostly under wraps, but at present it doesn't take much for me to blow up at nothing. HOpefully this too shall pass.
Anyway, pouring with rain today and I'm quite proud of myself because I went out and climbed the steepest hill around here and did my longer walk. Didn't realise how unfit I actually am until gasping for breath and nearly fainting on the way up the hill. But I damn well made it and relished the blasting cold air and rain that hit me at the top. Love being out in the elements - much better than walking on a treadmill any day.
Off to the gym tomorrow. 30 mins cardio on treadmill and weights routine. Still 2 sets of 15 reps, weights not too heavy but some of them I'm bumping up. Slowly goes it.