#9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-24-01, 14:50

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by razzle
And exercising loads doesn't seem to help that number for me as it 'should' according to the charts you see on calories burned during exercise. Luckily, with LC eating, it's not a strain to eat 1500 calories. But very few other people spent ten years eating 500 calories a day...so I'm sure we're in the minority!

Raz, exercising loads will actually hurt you. Aerobic exercise if done for more than 45 minutes will cause your body to start canabalizing its own muscle; in this instance less is better, and weight training is best. Nothing burns fat like muscle. Have you tried that? It might be what you need to jump start things.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattiegirl
I guess most of it is water though? By the way what are your thoughts about sweet imitations.

A lot will be water, yes. However, it was excess water attracted by carbs and you really didnt need it Enjoy the loss but keep in mind that losing more than 2 lbs of fat a week for a woman really isnt realistic.

AS (artificial sweeteners) are one of those "Your Milage May Vary" things. Many people find they experience cravings for the real thing when they indulge; others feel no adverse effects. You have to test the waters to find out. Be careful though, the idea of LC is to kick the sweets - if you truly are a carb addict replacing one addiction with another wont solve anything. Also keep in mind that over the course of the next few weeks your tastes will change - what you used to perceive as sweet and 'yummy' will most likely not be the same. I used to love diet gingerale; now I can't tell the difference between real or diet - I simply don't like either of them, too sweet.

Nat