#13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-24-01, 08:05

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by shandyAndy
You still don't know what the doctors in these studies and books have told you is true but i admit its persuasive.

I know what the evidence and case studies show from Protein Power, Protein Power Lifeplan and Fats that Kill, Fats that heal. I know from my own experience over the past few months how I feel; I sleep better, I'm eating more than I ever have, my hair is growing faster and healthier than ever before, my always normal lipid profile is better where it should be (LDL and triglycerides) and I have lost 60 lbs. I know what life on a low fat, calorie restricted diet was like; I was always hungry, I was working out twice a day, I was tired and I couldnt sleep - and I was gaining weight. I can also look to members of this board who have been LCing for years and are all the better for it.

I trust science and I trust hard facts; but most of all I now trust myself and I have learned how to listen to what my body is telling me. I also know that the low fat diet is a theory that has never actually passed a true emperical test - it remains a theory. After 20 years of low fat, restricted calorie diets people in North America are actually more obese than they were 30 years ago and incidents of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure are also higher.

Nat