View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 01:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/145/130 Female 511
BF:
Progress:
Default Smileylady try this (Induction) GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

This is for Smileylady, and I tried to read over what you had said and I think you could quickly lose your weight with what Atkins calls induction(the first stage). Induction is never safe for pregnant or nursing mothers.
I have 11 carbs a day(The amount depends on how fast your metabolism is, mine is slow so I have the smaller amount), The most you should have in induction is 12, try to stay under 2000 calories. Some people have 20 or more carbs but my husband, our daughter and I have all at one time or the other been on Atkins and lost weight and none of us in the first stage have gone over 11 carbs a day. I can explain why if you would like it is detailed but its a great plan and it works(post if you want to know more). Also we have no caffeine, 80 to 100 ounces of water per day. It is difficult and you will need to exercise lightly to get going but I promise you will lose your weight, some people starting out can lose 20lbs in 2 to 3 weeks some less. But it requires disipline. Another thing that I have figured out on my own is that net carbs are a joke and the best thing to do is the traditional carb diet, pretend you can only have meat,poultry,fish(etc you get the picture) and your few healthy carbs every day(no junk food). Also you can go back to induction anytime after you get to your desired weight if you need to lose a few pounds or if you slip and gain some and it is recommended for best results that you stay on it for at least 14 days but it is safe to stay on longer.It will go by fast and you will feel better about yourself. Good luck and I hope this helps. I only know what has worked for 3 of us in my family and we have all lost weight. You may just want to get the Atkins book and read it, it's good.