View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 08:41

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Sorry I can't help you on this one. I have not read "Life without Bread". I do know however that on the Atkin's diet veggies and fruit are all part of the mainstay.

If "Life without Bread" doesn't suit you, take a look at one of the other diet plans. Not all low carb diets are created equal and judging one diet off another is not being fair or open minded.

Nat gave you some suggestions the other day on some reading materials. Have you read Protein Power yet? If not, it may answer some of your questions.

As far as what pre agricultural humans ate, archeologists have found animal bones in their camps with scratch marks on bones, as well as the bone marrow being scraped out showing that man has been eating animals for quite some time.

And as far as how you feel. It takes more than 3 days to nudge your system into changing fuel sources. You have pretty much spent your whole life eating sugar laden products and now you have removed that simple source of fuel and making the body work in converting fat and proteins. Look at it as a learning curve for your body. After all, I am sure if you changed careers and jobs it would take you more than 3 days to figure out a companies mode of operation.

Good luck.