View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-01, 21:42

Plan: Atkins/ Modified BFL
Stats: 212/174/23
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default The Low-Carb Rite of Passage...

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, ...tonight was the night!

It was the night I felt a "kinship" will all those who have gone before me....a moment that I must admit was filled with trepidation, reluctance, and I'll say it, "fear".

Yes fellow low-carbers, tonight was the night I too walked where I'd walked many times before...but this time (sigh ) this time it was all very different; a "first" if you will. And, I'm not embarrassed in the least to say... it will definitely not be a last.

I, (pause ) I (deep breath ) not only walked INTO a McDonald's Restaurant .....

I (a tear gently wells in one eye ) ordered a Big Mac with...(a moment of reflection )...NO BUN .

Yes...yes...I did it. I received the look, the queries, the subtle "is she insane?" glance, and I conquered it head on, saying proudly, "I am Low Carbing, and may I have a knife and fork with that please?"

(Sigh) I knew this day would indeed come, and all I can say to others out there who like me are concerned and fearful...asking questions like, "Hey, can I measure up?, Can I also request no bun on MY big mac?"

To all you low carbers out there, I say "YES"!!!! YES you can and more importantly you must!

So go forth...go forth and be bunless!
Muse
Sponsored Links