Old Sat, May-05-01, 22:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/161/141
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Thanks for the info on Mastercook

Kay

Thanks for the info on Mastercook. I'll check out their website and look into it locally as well. I was hoping somebody would recommend something. I certainly didn't want to get a program and find out it was a dud!

Kay, Nicola & Kelsie,

Now to everyone, I have a confession to make. After finally finding the Soy Protein Isolate, I decided to have a go with some low carb garlic and herb biscuits today . I made up a faux Atkins bake mix which I had found a recipe for and then followed the recipe for the biscuits.... they came out looking beautifully. But I have to say it, they tasted disgusting. So my mother in-laws dog is in for a protein treat. (That's if he'll eat them). I am actually quite a good cook and this is my second big flop... I am wondering if it is just because I am not used to cooking with Soy flour and protein... they seemed very dry and I can't say I have liked the taste of anything I have made with it. Is it just me? Or is it a taste that you have to get used to? My previous flop was a flourless fudgy chocolate cake. I am putting that one down to the fact that we haven't yet found unsweetened bakers chocolate here and a cocoa and oil substitute I found on www.switcheroo.com is not suitable for recipes that call for a substantial quantity,

Joanne